Bramble Butterfoot, Halfling Ranger Level 1

Bramble Butterfoot, Halfling Ranger Level 1
Hit Points: 18/18 Body Points: 20/20 Experience Points: 5 Experience Base: 28
Stats STR 10; DEX 15(+2); MIND 13(+1); CHA 10
Saves FORT +3; REFLEX +5; WILL+3 PRESENCE +2 (+4 to save vs magical effects)
Armor Class 15; Shortbow +6 to hit, 1d6+3; Dagger +2 to hit, 1d4+1
Rangers are expert at wilderness tracking and survival and good at moving quietly and hiding in cover in the wilderness.
Current Money: 2gp

Calix, Human Cleric Level 1

Calix, Human Cleric Level 1
Alignment: Neutral Scoundrel Hit Points: 16/16 Body Points: 20/20 Experience Points: 5 Experience Base: 20
Stats STR 10; DEX 18 (+3); MIND 17 (+2); CHA 16 (+2)
Saves FORT +3; REFLEX +5; WILL +5; PRESENCE +4
Armor Class 16; Light Mace +1 to hit 1d6 dmg
Can cast divine spells and have the Turn Undead and
Smite special Abilities.
Current Money: 5 gp

Sarhan Soth, Gnome Thief Level 1

Sarhan Soth, Gnome Thief Level 1
Alignment: Neutral Trickster Hit Points: 16/16 Body Points: 20/20 Experience Points: 5 Experience Base: 24
Stats STR 10; DEX 14 (+1); MIND 11; CHA 9
Saves FORT +3 REFLEX +6 WILL +3 PRESENCE +3; +4 to save vs poison
Armor Class 13; Dagger +1 to hit, 1d4+1
They have the Sneak Attack special ability, which adds the Thief's class level to the damage of his first attack, if he successfully sneaks up on a foe. Thieves are experts at urban
survival as well as picking pockets, hiding, sneaking, and other
tasks associated with theft.
Current Money: 5gp

Rathman, Elf Magic-User Level 1

Rathman, Elf Magic-User Level 1
Hit Points: 22/22 Body Points: 20/20 Experience Points: 5 Experience Base: 37
Stats: STR 16 (+2); DEX 8; MIND 16 (+2); CHA 8
Saves: FORT +3; REFLEX +1; WILL +5; PRESENCE +1
Armor Class 10; Dagger +3 to hit, 1d4+2 dmg
Spellbook: Read Magic, Sleep, Feather Fall, Hold Portal, Identify.
Current Money: 5gp

Gault, Human Fighter 1

Gault, Human Fighter Level 1

Alignment: Guardedly Neutral. Hit Points: 24/24 Body Points: 20/20 Experience Points: 5 Experience Base: 20
Stats: STR 16 (+2); DEX 13 (+1); MIND 11; CHA 13 (+1)

Saves: FORT +8; REFLEX +5 WILL +4; PRESENCE +5

Armor Class 15 (heavy shield, leather armor, dex bonus); Throwing Axe +3 to hit, 1d6+1 dmg; Spear +4 to hit, 1d6+3 dmg

Current Money: 5gp

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Mission

The people look around, not sure what to think of the motley crew that has stepped forward to hunt down these monsters. Lord Markelhay regards the five of you with a curious look in his eye.  

"Very well," he says, looking you up and down. "Come with me." 

He leads you toward the Markelhay Estate, which sits atop the hill at the Northeastern corner of Upper Fallcrest. As you walk along, he speaks. 

"You all know that this aggression has grown worse and worse over the past year. The time has come we do something about it. I think the halfling may be correct. Perhaps there is some connection between the recent gnoll attack on his clan, and the growing frequency of goblin attacks on our town. The goblins, I believe, we can hold off if they attack again. This gnoll presence to the north concerns me greatly. When a pack of gnolls is riled up, they are a deadly maelstrom of claws and teeth, spear and sword." 

Before you all looms Markelhay Estate. "Come, adventurers. There is an armory inside my estate. If you will do the work of Fallcrest, you will have the finest that Fallcrest can give you. If there is any other equipment you require, I will grant you a small sum to acquire whatever you need at the Halfmoon Trading House."

"In the morning, you depart to hunt down the gnolls. Prepare yourselves," Markelhay says. 

Players, you may each find yourselves a new set of armor, and a new weapon. There is nothing magical in Markelhay's armory, but everything is of the finest quality. You may take this opportunity to question Markelhay, or any other of the townsfolk, if you like. 


  1. Calix selects a suit of studded leather for himself, hoping it will offer better protection than the patchwork leathers he has been wearing while still affording a good degree of mobility.

    [OOC: I'll mark down Studded Leather, +3, on my character sheet, upping my AC 16. /OOC]

    He then decides to tell the Lord Warden of Father Quinlaven's vision. "Lord Warden, Father Quinlaven said that he'd had another of his visions showing orc tribes uniting in the Stonemarch Mountains. I know not if this information is of any use, but after today's battle, I cannot just dismiss it as a simple nightmare."

    After awaiting the Lord Warden's response, he turns to the others. For the first time, he seems to realize that this band hardly seems the most imposing. A guard, the halfling, the gnome, and the one with elf's blood in his veins. Five counting himself, tasked with finding answers to the current crisis.

  2. Not much I need, armor or weapons-wise. But Rath will take chalk, parchment and ink... I'll need to think of other odds and ends ;)

  3. Sarhan digs deep through the armor and finds studded leather suitable for a gnome of his stature. Digging through the shields, he uncovers a small shield decorated with a large oak tree. "Now this is a shield for a woodworker!" he thinks to himself.

    OOC: That should bring my AC up two points to 15.

    He peruses the daggers, testing the heft of each one for throwing and arms himself with an additional three.

    "Lord Markelhay, do you have any experience against gnolls? I suppose we can head north along the road till we find signs of them. How many do you think there will be?" Sarhan asks.

    After the party finishes up here, Sarhan will return to the festival and see if he can find a farmer or someone who lives to the north who knows anything about the gnolls. After returning home to reluctantly tell his wife, he will gather the rest of his things and sleep uneasily.

  4. Bramble dug through the armory. He had never seen such a collection of arms and armor before. He hefted a small metal shield and short sword.

    These will come in handy should something get the jump on us... I hope it doesn't come to that..., he thought.

    He eyed the chainmail shirts, "Sir, can these be adjusted to my size?" he asked sheepishly, trying to not let his feeling of his stature protrude through his question.

    He was excited however to be seeking out the Gnolls and the potential of finding his kinsmen.

  5. Gault looks through the armory at the suits of heavy armor and though he has been a member of the guard for a few years now, he doubts that he would be of use in combat.

    As with Bramble he eyes the shirts of mail on their stands, "One of these would be my choice." In addition to this he chooses a long sword with a wire-wound hilt and shining steel pommel.

    Aside from this we consults Bramble's knowledge of his tribe, "It is summer, are there streams along our path or should we carry skins of water?"

  6. Bramble looked to Gault, "We probably should follow the river North, which will provide water throughout the season. Some of the smaller streams might dry and pool... stagnant, not fit for drinking. I suggest we take skins and use the river for water as long as we can. We might have to wonder far afield from the river...

    He left it at that, not wanting to think about returning back to his tribe's previous camp... the carnage...

  7. [OOC] Could we crank this up a notch? I'm trapped in a hotel for at least two more weeks. I think I have read EVERYTHING on the internet! [/OOC]